Tuesday 10 September 2013

Summer beauty favourites




Since the summer is now nearly over boo! I thought I would show everyone what I have been loving through the summer. The collection is pretty small as I have been very busy but everything in the collection I would highly recommend. 



I will start with lip products as I love lip products and this summer there has been some amazing colours so it was hard to only pick a few favourites. I will start right from left from the picture.

The first lip product is No7s stay perfect in gay geranium it is a perfect coral colour with a hint of red so it is perfect for a summers day or a colour pop with a black dress on a night out. I love the colour because its a perfect summer colour and its moisturising, the only bad comment I have is that the stay power is not that brilliant. 

The next product is sleeks true colour lipstick in a matte finish in the shade papaya punch. Again this shade is a coral colour but the sleek has more of a pink tone rather than a red tone. I prefer a matte finish therefore this lipstick is perfect and it stays on your lips when drinking and eating so its perfect for a night out! Sleek got it just right with this lipstick! 

The next product is soap and glorys sexy mother pucker in pink apricot, firstly I love the name of the product it's so cute and cheeky! This lipgloss is a plumping lipgloss and its the only plumping lipgloss that I have tried that works! It's a perfect nude shade so you can wear it alone or on top of a colour. It stays on your lips forever! The only bad thing I would say is that the lipgloss is very sticky so if you don't like sticky lip glosses this isn't for you.

The final lip products is benefits posie tint for lips and cheeks but I only use this product on my lips. I can't begin to explain how brilliant this product is! I have ate a meal and went out for drinks and the product still stays on my lips. The product is a lit pink but the colour can be build up but I prefer a light finish. Overall I don't have a bad thing to say about is product and will repurchase this again and again. 


Now we are on to face products! It's very rare that I have more than one face product as I can rarely find any face products that I would recommend. 

The first product is from E.L.F in a dome blush in 2101EF #D28. I love this product because it has just the right amount of blush and shine in. I also find that this product is versatile as I use it on my nose and cheek bones for a highlighter. 

The next product is from MUA which you all know I love! This is the first bronzer I will repurchase and it is the bronzed perfection. This blusher is a great natural tone and is in no way orange, when first applied you can have a light finish or it can be built up depending on your skin tone. The bronzer also has a slight amount of shimmer so there is no worrying if you look like a disco ball. 

The final powder product is by natural collection in pink cloud. This is a perfect summer blush because its very light and is great with a sun kissed or bronzed look! This is a great blush for a natural look and would fit nearly all skin tones. 


Now we move onto liquid facial products.

The first is neutrogenas oil free moisturiser. I love this product because I have oily to normal skin and I'm the summer my face was very oily because of the heat therefore I needed a moisturiser that would not irritate or make my skin even worse. I used this on holiday before applying makeup and my skin did not peal and my make up was looking great. Therefore I must say you need to moisturise before applying makeup. 

The next is the photo finish primer com smashbox. This was my first ever smashbox purchase and it wasn't cheap but I would recommend it. At first I didn't think it did a lot but after going back to my previous primer I realised how brilliant it was. It helped my makeup stay on and also took away any shine on my face which is brilliant as in the summer I was very oily.

We are now onto brushes!

The first is from real technique and it is a blush brush, I love this brush because it applies any blush very lightly and does not leave streaks of blush which is never a good look! So if you are looking at purchasing any real technique brushes I highly recommend the blush brush.

The next is a eyebrow brush which I purchased off ebay. I use this before applying my eyebrow Brodick and after. This creates a natural look and if you use a wax eyebrow product it stops any product sticking together. 


The next are two eye products and this summer I have been loving natural makeup so haven't got a lot in this category.

The first is a coloured eyeliner from urban decay in lust. I love this colour because it adds to any eye look, I use it under my eyes lightly for a little bit of colour. The staying power is amazing and is great to use both day and night.

The final product is a clear mascara which I use as a brow product. I use this after my eyebrow product to make sure my eyebrow product stays. I used this on holiday and even when swimming it lasted and did not move any of my eyebrow product which is brilliant as I didn't want my eyebrows on my cheeks! 

Thank you for reading please comment if you have been loving anything this summer! 

Love Rebecka xx   

6 comments:

  1. Lovely post! I love the Smashbox Primer, it's odd at first, but it really works! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I thought so I stopped using it but now I couldn't live without it!
      Thanks for the comment xxx

      Delete
  2. I love neutrogena face wash too, especially the grapefruit one. Lovely post and wonderful blog xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the neutrogena range is simply amazing it has something for everyone
      Thanks for the comment sweetie xxx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. If I was to recommend anything from the benefit cosmetic line it would be the tints because they are worth the money they last all day and the pigmentation is great
      Thankyou for the comment xx

      Delete